Tuesday 28 March 2017

A getaway to the City of Lights with Binoy Nazareth

Traveling is just one of the things that feed my inner thirst for exploring various places and being part of historical and epic wonders across the globe. I Binoy Nazareth never had to plan beforehand for a precarious trip, like my previous abrupt visit to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. For those who are passionate about traveling it’s an icing on the cake when you explore some of the breathtaking masterpiece human creations and the beauty of Mother Nature. Well, this time I set out for a tour of Paris known as “The City of Lights”, the capital of France and among the top holiday destination for tourists and couples. Hope reading about my journey will entice you to make Paris your next holiday travel destination.
 
City of Lights Paris - Binoy Nazareth


After a three hour flight, I landed in Aeroport Charles de Gaulle which is the largest airport in France and among the ninth busiest airport in the world. Checked into my hotel and took a short nap in the noon which helped me recover from my long travel. I then started my journey to North Dame, a famous Roman Catholic Cathedral located at the very heart the city and is one of the finest evidence of French Gothic architecture. It is said that the construction started in the year 1163 and was completed by 1345. It is surrounded by many sculptures and gargoyles. After climbing 387 steps inside cathedral I reached the top to get a closer view of the huge looming ceilings and magnificent stained windows glasses. While there I came across a mysterious sculpture of a person holding his beheaded head in his arms. This was none other than Saint Denis, who the oldies say walked six miles with his head in his hand.
 
Charles de Gaulle


From North Dame Cathedral I walked leisurely to see the nearby Charlemagne statue. I enjoyed being in the crowd with people from different parts of the world. The statue of Charlemagne by Louis and Charles Rochet sits on a horse completely made of bronze. The statue has become bluish green in color due to years of oxidation on the bronze surface. Feeling a bit tired, I decided to take a break and headed towards my hotel. After couple of hours in the room, I set out in search of some traditional French food along the streets of Paris and I found Restaurant L’Abeille at the Shangri-La Hotel. This restaurant is famous for its Parisian authentic food and I relished the taste of local dishes, Baguette and Croque-monsieur.

Next morning, I woke up early as I had to cover a couple of more places in Paris during my short and memorable visit. I eagerly jotted down some of the other places I could not cover in my diary for a comprehensive visit later with my family.  The next major venue on my list, the Arc De Triomphe is another marvelous creation of Paris. It is located at the center of the Place Charles de Gaulle and is about 162 foot tall. Here I spent some splendid hours clicking pictures and tasting some of the finest French foods.
 
Arc de Triomphe Paris


And then as the daylight began to fade, with a sense of excitement surging through me, I headed to the final destination and the place I had marked as the highlight of my short Paris trip. The magnificent Eiffel tower with its shining lights breaking the darkness of the emerging night was a heavenly place to spend some of the most memorable times in Paris. I will forever cherish my memories of enjoying the charming atmosphere of love and joy in the background of the glowing Eiffel Tower.
Location: Paris, France

0 comments:

Post a Comment